Our client is located in Zuid-Holland and seeks a Credit Controller for the German market.
Main Purpose of Job Credit Controller
The Credit Controller is responsible for collecting amounts due from customers, resolving collection-related matters and assisting in the determination of customer credit ratings with the overall objective of lowering past-due customer receivable balances. The role will deal with assigned international regions.
Key Responsibilities Credit Controller
- Monitor customer receivable levels and develop appropriate collection strategies;
- Analyse customer accounts and contact customers to collect outstanding amounts using Onguard, Qlikview, Outlook & Dynamics AX;
- Respond to and resolve customer inquiries regarding collections matters;
- Communicate customer receivable issues to other departments (Sales, IT) and management;
- Perform account reconciliations, recommend account adjustments when needed;
- Assist in the determination of customer credit ratings and recommend appropriate security levels to mitigate financial risk;
- Advise on settling unallocated payments to customer accounts;
- Assist in optimizing the use of Onguard, Qlikview & AX;
- Provide assistance in to internal and external audit requests;
- Use AX to process transactions and document correspondence.
Essential competences Credit Controller
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills (oral, written, and phone);
- Demonstrated self-starter with strong organizational skills and ability to manage and accomplish multiple tasks/priorities;
- Strong customer service skills and a positive and professional attitude;
- Ability to accomplish tasks in an efficient, timely, accurate and customer-focused manner;
- Pro-active with good sense of initiative;
- Experience in maintaining customer accounts in international setting;
- An excellent knowledge and understanding of credit management procedures;
- A sympathetic approach and understanding of the commercial needs;
- An ability to work with commercial and finance teams across cultures and jurisdictions;
- Diligent and hardworking, prepared to be flexible as is normal in any accounting / finance department;
- Able to grasp and take on new responsibilities as they occur;
- Absolute integrity;
- Minimal international travel may be required;
- Fluent in English and German, both orally and written. Other language skills (Spanish, French) are considered a plus.
Other key requirements Credit Controller
- MBO+ or HBO Level;
- 3+ years relevant Credit Collections experience in international company;
- Solid understanding of collection matters;
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel;
- Onguard experience is a plus.
Key Performance Indicators Credit Controller
- DSO and overdue receivables in assigned regions;
- Timely reporting;
- Timely updating Credit Profiles;
- Prepare files for collections agency;
- Bad Debt write offs.
It’s a permanent and a full time job.